Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2. It was released on September 22, 2017, at approximately 23:00 UTC 7.
PoF Story Features
Humanity has worshipped the six gods for centuries, even as their prayers went unanswered. Now the god of fire and war, Balthazar, has made an unexpected return, only to reveal himself as a ruthless manipulator with little regard for mortal life.
Tyria’s heroes thwarted the first stage of his catastrophic plan to destroy the Elder Dragons—but now he’s raised a zealous army to cut a path of terror and destruction across the south. You must halt their march before Balthazar sets the foundations of the world ablaze.
- New region, with five larger-than-ever open world maps: Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, The Desolation, and Domain of Vabbi.
- New personal storyline, which takes place after Living World Season 3
Six new mounts as part of the mastery system. They are available for use across all of Tyria, not just within the Crystal Desert (including guild halls, but not instances anterior to PoF).1
- The Raptor — A hardy saurian, capable of leaping horizontally across long distances.
- The Springer — A large jerboa-like creature, capable of jumping vertically to great heights.
- The Skimmer — A floating manta ray-like creature, capable of hovering above water and environmental hazards.
- The Jackal — An elemental canine, capable of blinking across short distances and of making precision jumps.
- The Griffon — A cat-bodied bird, capable of gliding across the sky with great speed.
- The Warclaw — A suit of enchanted armour in the shape of a large cat, found within World versus World.
Living World Season 4
- With the corresponding episodes unlocked, six more maps are available: Domain of Istan, Sandswept Isles, Domain of Kourna, Jahai Bluffs, Thunderhead Peaks, and Dragonfall.
- Mount The Roller Beetle — A giant beetle that curls into a ball to race downhill and smash through walls. It wears a floating magitech saddle fashioned from asuran technology. Unlocked via Long Live the Lich.
- Mount The Skyscale — A Mists-born dragon adept at scaling cliffs and traversing through the air. Requires every episode of Season 4, partial completion of the first five episodes, and total completion of War Eternal.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.