Ascended Equipment Viper Set
Ascended equipment is equipment of Ascended quality. All ascended equipment has a level 80 requirement and 5% stronger stats than Exotic quality equipment and equal to Legendary equipment. All ascended equipment is account bound.
- Ascended armor and weapons have the usual upgrade slot, one slot for armor and one-handed weapons and two slots for two-handed weapons.
- Ascended trinkets and back items, however, do not have an upgrade slot; instead, the equivalent bonuses of an ascended jewel are added to the inherent attribute bonuses. In most cases the built-in jewel matches the prefix of the base item, but in some cases they differ. For example, the Jade Wind Orb has Dire base stats (Condition Damage, Toughness, Vitality), but the built-in jewel has Rabid stats (Condition Damage, Precision, Toughness).
- Ascended items also have an infusion slot (or two in the case of two-handed weapons). Infusions, which mainly provide agony resistance but can also (or instead) provide a small amount of extra stats, can be inserted into these slots
- Ascended rings can be infused and attuned, each of which adds an extra infusion slot (for a total of 3).
- Ascended back items can be infused to add one extra infusion slot. The only exception is the Bough of Melandru, which already has both slots in the uninfused version.
- Ascended amulets have an enrichment slot instead of an infusion slot. These are mechanically similar to infusion slots, but only accept enrichments (which provide bonus gold from monsters, magic find, experience from kills or karma).
Ascended Equipment Viper Set Uniqueness
Most ascended trinkets are marked unique, meaning you cannot equip two identical trinkets at the same time.
- The exception being ascended rings and accessories from Raids.
- There are usually two unique rings or accessories for any given set of stats (for instance Ring of Red Death and Crystalline Band.png Crystalline Band for Berserker’s stats rings), both of which can be equipped at once.
- Attuned or infused rings don’t count as the same item, so it’s possible to equip a ring together with its own infused or attuned version.